I’ve just released an update to my freeware program Digital Fake Book. This release addresses the bugs I’m aware of, adds any new feature requests that don’t require major redesign, and adds a number of small cosmetic and usability enhancements.
1.9.3 1.9.4 Main Changes:
- The metronome has been redesigned. It’s now built into Digital Fake Book rather than run as a separate program. The new metronome should be more stable on a greater number of systems.
- Text highlighting. Any lines of text in a song can be highlighted by right clicking on the line and choosing Highlight Line. The actual colour of a highlighted line is determined by the theme in use.
- A second foot switch can now be wired to the COM port to enable selecting the previous song as well as the next song. See the documentation for the specific wiring details. Note that although the new wiring is different, the old wiring is still supported if you already have a single foot switch.
- A time counter has been added to the media file player.
- The media play position indicator has been redesigned to solve a couple of bugs the old one had.
- The help documentation has been improved. (See it here).
- The auto text sizing bug has been fixed.
- Dialog windows have been redesigned to be more informative.
- New songs can be created with a single page. This function simply sets the page divider as far right as it can go.
- Exporting single songs as text files now automatically creates a default file name from the name of the song.
- It’s now possible to specify which songs and sets will be included in a data backup/export.
- Several changes have been made to the song list window.
- It’s no longer modal and can be kept open at all times if desired.
- The text in the lists can be made larger by checking the Big Text check box.
- Multiple sets or songs can be deleted at once by multi-selecting (using ctrl or shift).
- The width of the song list window can be adjusted.
- Songs can be renamed from within the song list window.
- The song list window now remembers its position and size between runs. It can also be dragged to a second monitor.
- If the song list window is open when the Digital Fake Book is closed, it’s automatically reopened when the program is next run.
- It is now optional to immediately display a song as soon as it’s selected in the song window. See the new check box and button called Show Song.
As usual, make sure you back up your data before updating.
Please let me know if you find any bugs.
Digital Fake Book can be downloaded here.